Here is a step by step guide to Outlook Express 6 setup. These are the details you need before you can setup the email client:
- POP3 or receiving server: mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your domain name)
- SMTP or sending server: Your ISPs sending (SMTP) server. You need to get this information from your Internet Service Provider. Alternatively you can use mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your domain name) but often the communication to third party SMTP servers will be blocked by your ISP in order to cut the amount of SPAM going out of their network.
- Email address: email@example.com
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: password you have chosen when that account was created.
To setup a new account you need to click on Tools -> Accounts.
You then need to click on Add button and click Mail.
Your Name: you need to enter you name here. This is the name that will be displayed on the receiving end. You then need to type your full name in and click Next.
Email address: This is the email address you have your POP enabled for. It is same as your Admin username. So, input your email here and click Next.
In the next step you need to fill in the sending and receiving server information.
As per screenshot below, here are the things you need to fill in this screen with:
For My incoming server is a POP3 server you need to select POP3 from the dropdown. You can not use any other mail protocol with our servers except POP3
- Incoming mail server (POP3): This will always be mail.yourdomainname.com where yourdomainname.com is the doamin name of your business which you have added to the site in Admin -> Manage Domain Name and for which you have enabled POP.
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: It's the same as POP3 server, so you need to use mail.yourdomain.com. Often the communication to third party SMTP servers will be blocked by your ISP in order to cut the amount of SPAM going out of their network so you may need to use your ISPs sending (SMTP) server here. You need to get this information from your Internet Service Provider.
In this step you need to enter your username and password and click Next.
- Username: This is your Admin username and it is same as your email address.
- Password: This is the password you have chosen when you first created this account.
Finally, all you have to do is click Finish.Â :)
Now, when you click on Send/Receive you should be able to send and receive mail.
*** For step-by-step video instructions, click here!